Our Vision & Mission
Our Vision is to be used by God to transform the San Diego area and the world, seeing lives changed, families restored and authentic community built by bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to every neighborhood starting with San Elijo Hills.
Our Mission (how we get there) is to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
We believe that a growing relationship with Jesus Christ is evidenced by increased faith (or confidence in God) and increased love (Loving God and Loving Others, Matthew 22:38-40). We have come to learn that there are five things that God uses to grow the faith of a believer.*
• Practical Teaching - Taking the Word of God and applying it to real life, not just learning theological principles, but being challenged to change one’s thinking and take action.
• Personal Ministry - Finding a place to serve in the church and the community.
• Private Disciplines - Prayer, fasting, studying scripture, private worship and giving.
• Providential Relationships - Impossible to force, but through living in authentic community and studying the word of God together these kind of relationships can be fostered.
• Pivotal Circumstances - These include major life changes, trials and tragedies. While no one desires difficult things in life, when a solid community and a Christian worldview have been firmly rooted, these circumstances can turn into some of the strongest growth in faith. (James 1:2-4)
“Church is not a place to go, it is a family to belong to.”
Brian jones | lead pastor
Our goal is to bring the gospel into this community where most people rarely think of Jesus. Prayer, strategic planning and relationships are key elements moving forward. We believe that only prayer moves the hand of God and the heart of man. We will be battling in prayer before we even step into the community. While our plan is flexible, we believe that every step of the way we must be realigning and adjusting our plan strategically for maximum impact. This hinges on building strong relationships with leaders, Christians and the unchurched population.
Every aspect of our ministry will flow out of the transforming power of the Word of God. We believe the Bible is the primary way that God leads His people and we submit to its authority. Not only is there power in the preaching of the Word, but lives are transformed when people start reading it for themselves and applying it to their lives.
Our spiritual gifts have maximum impact when exercised in support of our strategy. We will continually be looking for ways to serve the community, school and individuals.
We will be bold and faithful to share the Gospel both relationally as God opens doors and presents opportunities well as publicly in our weekly services and our online presence
“So faith comes by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ.” -Romans 10:17
We will reproduce at every level, from training up leaders to planting new churches. We believe that a leader who replaces himself will always have a place, therefore leaders will be recruited and trained up. We will continually be looking for God- given potential in every person God has brought to the Hills.
“The vigorous, continual planting of new congregations is the single most crucial strategy for the numerical growth of the Body of Christ in any city, and the continual corporate renewal and revival of the existing churches in a city.”
Ready to help?